What’s your role?: I'm a run activator which means I'm specialised in supporting all types of runners from beginners to more advanced.
Best thing about Run Birmingham: We motivate, inspire and support our communities to become more active in a fun social manner.
Role model / inspiration: Anyone who never gives up in the face of adversity - I meet people like this all the time in my groups. Those who have been told they 'can't' and prove everyone wrong.
Have you faced or overcome any barriers in running?
I've been told I'm not the right build - too muscular for distance running. Despite that I've completed four half marathons.
Advice to new people thinking of running?
- Start off gently as you build yourself up over the first few weeks
- Get the kit that works for you and makes you feel good. Don't be afraid to ask for help as we often have kit that's been donated.
- Start out with a friends or family member who can share your ups and downs and be a source of motivation
- Don't be afraid to ask questions and share ideas with other runners
- Come join the Run Birmingham movement
- Have fun and enjoy it!